Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum  
Bookmaker Rating | Bookmaker Bonus | Betting Tips Blog | Poker Room Reviews | Poker Cash Bonus | Poker List | PokerBRB Freeroll League| Poker Bankroll Blog    

Go Back   Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum > Bookmaker News > Shady's Corner

Barcelona Vs Ac Milan - Preview & Prediction

Shady's Corner

Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Default Barcelona Vs Ac Milan - Preview & Prediction

Barcelona Vs Ac Milan - Preview & Prediction,
For more picks and preview, add me in FACEBOOK

Overview:
What a start we have to this season Champions League with two European powerhouse meeting on Matchday 1. However things have pretty much changed over in Europe. Before, when Barcelona meets Ac Milan, this would be one of the biggest games of the season but now due to the deportation of the Italian league and the progress of the Premier League and La Liga, people are more focus when Barcelona meets Manchester United or Real Madrid. Nevertheless, this would be a mouth-watering game in my opinion for various reasons.

Heading into today’s game both side had the exact same result in their league matches in the weekend with the games ending in 2-2. Barcelona will have to be the unhappier of the two as they let a two goal advantage slipped away while Milan came from two goals down to draw the game.

Pep Guardiola will have some important calls to make as his defense continues to struggle without Pique and Puyol. Guardiola might change the partnership of Busquet and Fontas who started in central defense against Real Sociedad to Busquest and Mascherano and Busquest or Abidal.

Fabregas have been sensational since making the move back to his beloved Barcelona. The Spaniard have not only ran the show but also increased his goal scoring ratio. Fabregas will most like start in an more advance role in midfield. He will find life so much easier as the midfield general Gattuso is suspended.

With Ibrahimovic out injured, Allegri will have to decide who to replace the Swede as their target man up front. Both Pato and Cassano are superb playing off the striker but I am unsure how would they be playing as a target man.

The combination of Pato and Cassano would be superb should Milan choose to play on the counter attack strategy. Both the strikers have pace and both of them have the ability to score and assist. My only concern for Milan would be in central midfield. With Pirlo leaving the side and Gattuso suspended Milan might find it hard to control the game in midfield, especially against Barcelona.

Team News:
Pique, Afellay and Alexis Sanchez are certain to miss the game against Milan while Puyol who has just recovered from his injury lacks match fitness.

As for Ac Milan, the massive news coming out from the Italian camp was Ibrahimovic is injured and will take no part against his former team. It caught many by surprised, including myself and it would be interesting to see who will replace Ibrahimovic up front as a target man. Apart from Ibrahimovic, Allegri will be without Gattuso and Mexes who are both suspended while Flamini and Taiwo are both out injured. Robinho who is carrying a groin problem is unlikely to feature.

Verdict:
We all know that Barcelona will dominate the game and Milan will sit back and defend and hit them on the break. However the turning point of the game will come from two areas in my opinion – the referee and the pace of Pato and Cassano. Milan are a typical Italian side and will show their physical presence and if they are less fortunate one of their players might see a red card which would change the game. Also with Barcelona normally playing a high line in defense, the pace of Pato and Cassano can easily catch this weak Barcelona defense.

Yes I would not deny that on their day, Barcelona can nail any opponents by a humiliating score line, including the likes of Real Madrid or Manchester United. But with bookmakers giving Ac Milan a +2 head start, I cannot see how would it go wrong if we back Milan, in terms of value.

Barcelona would have to win by three goals before you lose your money and with Pique out injured and Puyol lacking match fitness, Barcelona have plenty to worry about in defense. *I see goals in this game!

Shady Recommends:
Ac Milan @ +2 and over 2.5 goals with DAFABET

Tags
barcelona, milan, prediction, preview