Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum  
Bookmaker Rating | Bookmaker Bonus | Betting Tips Blog | Poker Room Reviews | Poker Cash Bonus | Poker List | PokerBRB Freeroll League| Poker Bankroll Blog    

Go Back   Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum > Bookmaker News > Shady's Corner

How and Where England went wrong

Shady's Corner

Old 06-13-2010, 06:11 PM

Default How and Where England went wrong

Many predicted England to win, including myself, probably not by a huge margin but still a win. They started of well by scoring early and just disappeared. No doubt they had a bad day but the person to blame has to be the manager, Capello.

WHY?
Reason 1: Between the 3 goalkeepers Green should be the last option because, If you choose for experience, David James is more experience. If you choose for a keeper in form, Joe Hart is the keeper in form, guiding Birmingham to a top half finish. So i cant see why he made the option to start with Green. He did not have the best of season with West Ham either.

Reason 2: Starting Heskey should not even be included into the England team. Even at club level, Heskey is finding it difficult to be on the starting 11 (that basically tells everything). His goal scoring ratio for England is not good either and he is big and bulky.

Reason 3: Why did Millner start when he was not a 100% fit? Made no impact on the game and had to be substituted after 30 minutes.

Reason 4: Should Shaun Wright Phillips have come on and start on the left? I dont think so. Joe Cole was definitely a better option as he prefers to start on the left. Every time phillips gets the ball on the left, he losses the possession of the ball.

Reason 5: Its been known to all that the partnership of Gerrard and Lampard wont work in a 4 man midfield simply because both of them are two similar. Both are great individuals but both cant play together because both loves going forward and not defending. Neither of them are known for winning the ball or helping out their defense line.

After mention all five reason, i think Capello has got it all wrong!

Tags
capello, cole, england, gerrard, green, hart, heskey, james, lampard, philips