Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum  
Bookmaker Rating | Bookmaker Bonus | Betting Tips Blog | Poker Room Reviews | Poker Cash Bonus | Poker List | PokerBRB Freeroll League| Poker Bankroll Blog    

Go Back   Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum > Bookmaker News > Shady's Corner

Match Prediction for Germany Vs Australia

Shady's Corner

Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Match Prediction for Germany Vs Australia

can australia do what it takes to hold out the Germans? MY ANSWER TO YOU IS NO. With Pim Verbeek starting with 6 midfielders, i cant see how they plan to score. Tim Cahill will lead the line but he is only good when it comes to set play. Unless Australia are expecting to get many freekicks or corner, i cant see them scoring.

Valeri, Grella and Culina are all defensive midfielders and will offer little supporting Tim Cahill. Emerton is more of a wing back, therefore i dont see him offering much going forward apart from his runs and crossing the ball but his primary duty will definitely be to mark either Muller or Podolski.

In addition, with the Aussie team getting a little old, i am a little concern if the Germans hit them on the counter attack following from a set play. Podolski, Muller, Lahm are all fast players that will break from the flanks and should cause australia some problem.

The Pick:
German to keep a cleansheet and Germany to cover the -0.75 head start.

Last edited by Shady; 06-13-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Tags
australia, cahill, germany, lahm, match, muller, podolski, prediction, verbeek