Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum  
Bookmaker Rating | Bookmaker Bonus | Betting Tips Blog | Poker Room Reviews | Poker Cash Bonus | Poker List | PokerBRB Freeroll League| Poker Bankroll Blog    

Go Back   Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum > Bookmaker News > Shady's Corner

Villarreal Vs Porto - Soccer Prediction & Preview

Shady's Corner

Old 05-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Default Villarreal Vs Porto - Soccer Prediction & Preview

Villarreal Vs Porto - Soccer Prediction & Preview,
Note: For more picks and preview, please check out my facebook page SHADY

Get Your Bonus Now
Overview:
Last week’s 5-1 defeat in Portugal was definitely a shocking one in my opinion. No doubt Porto were favourites in the first leg but I was not expecting to see them annihilate Villarreal. There is not much to play for now besides pride unless the Yellow Submarine can overturn this 4 goal deficit.

Heading into this game, Juan Carlos Garrido has stated that his team will go all out to attack while Villas Boas has also mention that he has no intention of protected his lead and he will continue to set out an attacking minded team despite taking a 5-1 lead into this game.

Villarreal will be without Jose Catala who is suspended while Gonzalo, Angel Lopez and Olivia are all out injured but Marcos Senna is back following from his recent setback.

The combination of Nilmar and Rossi up front has been fantastic and Porto have to watch closely on them. Rossi in particular will be the danger man as he has the ability to assist and score. The Italian has 10 goals to his name in this competition will look to add a few more today.

As for the away side Villas Boas rested several key players ahead of this second leg Semi-Final. Helton, Sapunaru and Joao Moutinho were all rested in the weekend against Vitoria. Villas Boas is likely to start with his preferred 4-3-3 formation instead of a more defensive approach.

The danger man for Porto today will definitely be leading European goal scorer Falcao. Falcao who scored four goals in the first leg has already 15 goals to his name this season in the Europa League and is almost certain to win the Golden Boot, unless Rossi help his side overturn the deficit and score five goals or more in the next 180 minutes.

Verdict:
With a mountain to climb, and only three teams (Leixoes SC, Partizan and Real Madrid) have overturned a four goal deficit in UEFA club football history, Villarreal chances in progress to the final is extremely slim. Nevertheless I am expecting the Yellow Submarines to go down fighting. They have won all seven of their home European games this season and I fancy their chances to getting a better result in front of their home crowd.

Both teams are expected to go all out to attack with Villarreal trying to overturn this four goals deficit while Porto has a nature of playing attacking football. Villarreal is likely to attack down the flanks while Porto will try and hit them on the counter with Falcao, Hulk and Rodriguez attacking at every possible option. With both teams expected to commit people forward, I am expecting goals in this game.

Shady Recommends:
Villarreal @ level ball with DAFABET
Over 2.5 goals with DAFABET

Tags
porto, prediction, preview, soccer, villarreal