Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum  
Bookmaker Rating | Bookmaker Bonus | Betting Tips Blog | Poker Room Reviews | Poker Cash Bonus | Poker List | PokerBRB Freeroll League| Poker Bankroll Blog    

Go Back   Betting Forum - bookmaker, betting and bonus discussion forum > Bookmaker News > Shady's Corner

Porto Vs Braga - Soccer Prediction & Preview

Shady's Corner

Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Default Porto Vs Braga - Soccer Prediction & Preview

Porto Vs Braga - Soccer Prediction & Preview,
Note: For more picks and preview, please check out my facebook page SHADY
Overview:
This is a dream season for Porto fans as not many people who have expected Villas Boas to lead their club to a League and Cup glory as well as on a verge to European success. Not only is Villas Boas inexperience in a coaching sense, but also as a player. Therefore, you have to give him credit for his success.

Porto are firm favourites heading into this game but many are expecting yet another giant killing night by Braga who have already defeated the likes of Sevilla, Arsenal and Liverpool this season. Having said that, this game is fair different than those as Sevilla, Arsenal and Liverpool are unfamiliar with Braga BUT the same cannot be said with Porto who have defeated them home and away this season in the League.

Porto will once again line up with a 4-3-3 formation. Fernando will be play a more defensive minded role in midfield while Joao Moutinho and Varela or Guarin will be allowed to support the attack as often as possible. Hulk who starts on the right hand side of attack might find himself heaps of space when he cuts in as Falcao has the ability to draw away defenders.

As for Braga, they will most probably a narrow 4-4-2 formation. Hugo Vianna will be the key part of Braga’s attacking force as they will be banking on him to supply the balls for Alan Meyong and Lima.

Key players:
Falcao will have to be the danger man for Porto as the Colombian has 16 goals in Europe this season. His record has broken Jurgen Klinsmann’s 15 goal record a season in Europe which he held for well over 15 years. Falcao who will most likely feature in the middle or a three man attack force has the ability to drag defenders along with him, which benefits the late runners as well as Hulk.

On the other hand, the key players for Braga will have to be Custodio Castro. No doubt he might have scored the winner for Braga against Benfica but he will be a key player in this game due to his defensive responsibilities. We all know Porto likes to play with a very attacking minded approach, therefore he will have to be there to help out his defenders when they need him, especially marking or blocking the late runners.

Verdict:
Yes Villas Boas is highly rated and he could well be the next Jose Mourinho in the years ahead. However, my major concern with Villas Boas is his inexperience at the big stage. No doubt attacking is the best form of defense, BUT at big games, you cannot afford to go all out attack just because that’s the way your team play or that’s what you prefer to do. During the big stage, you have to play on what benefit the team most instead of what you like or dislike.

Nevertheless, should this encounter be against some big European teams, I might just fancy their chances but with this game being labelled as a “domestic” game against Braga, I fancy my chances with Villas Boas and Porto. Braga cant score much and will bank on their defending side of the game but I doubt that Braga can hold out Porto for the entire game. Should Porto score in the first half, Braga will have to change to a more attacking approach which could well lead to more chances for Villas Boas side.

Porto have beaten Braga home and away this season and it is unlikely that this would change today.

Shady Recommends:
Porto to win with DAFABET

Tags
braga, porto, prediction, preview, soccer